Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mission Statement

The purpose of this site is to save links to all of Skippystalin's posts so that when they go off the main page I can still find them again. One example of the problem. A little while back he did a post on the Japanese love-doll story. That post is off the main page now and not in his sidebar and lost to the world until he decides to put it up there (update: Skippy took pity on us and sent that link). A while back, I started saving links to Skippy posts just to avoid this problem, but really the best place to save them is in another blog. That's what this blog is for. It will be the archive Skippy doesn't have.

This blog has no identity of its own. There is no link to anything but Skippy here, and nothing to indicate who is doing this. I would rather keep my public web presence separate from Skippy, as he himself does.

What you will find here will be mostly lists of my favorite Skippy posts organized around a theme like the worship of Lindsay Lohan or something and then collections for past months. I just started doing this, so August 07 is the only month we have so far. Maybe Skippy will like the idea and either co-opt it and do that himself, or maybe he'll dump a bunch of links in the comments, like all the links for July or something, then later dump all the links for another past month, and I can organize them into a list like the one linked to above. Or mabye, he'll just ignore us and continue doing what he does. Time will tell.

Update: 10/27/2007 As you can see in the comments, Skippy discovered this site pretty quickly and helped out with some links to fill up some of the theme lists. But just last weekend with a bunch of shit I had to do and really didn't want to, I found a way to crawl up skippy's back door and extract all the links to every one of his old posts, which I did. You can find the master list here.

I serve as Skippy's unofficial archivist at his pleasure. If he gives the word, this site vanishes. But I will be keeping the lists and copies of his posts on my own hard drive for my own um.. purposes.

Oh, and here's what Skippy said when he found this archive.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm flatterd .... and more than a little scared.

If there's a link you want, e-mail me and let me know. I have four years of the worthless crap in my blogger archive.

By the way, do I know you?

Unknown said...

Here's the sex doll post.

http://enjoyeverysandwich.blogspot.com/2007/07/beyond-valley-of-dolls-what-do-you-get.html

Nora said...

Don't be scared, Skippy. He'll just erect a shrine and worship quietly.

You're awesome, LB.

--Nora