Thursday, March 6, 2008

More Google search news

I should preface this with the warning that the two posts linked to in this post are good, but not quite as good as the ones on Skippy's sidebar. The words "war with my liver and penis" really stuck with me, but the rest of that post, while good, doesn't rise to level of Mind Your Own Mongoloid. The Dr. Kevin White story, on the other hand, while no Long Dong of the Law has real potential as a classic. Now back to the beginning of the story:

Okay, I found that Google's blogsearch. And I looked up "war with my liver and penis"--the search terms that inspired me to start this retarded archive, and the post came up. It was the one I started looking for a long time ago and started thinking how the world needs access to what's really important on the internet.

Being able to find it on blogsearch led me to wonder if there's really a need for this archive. Then I searched "bailing wire". Only one result came back. It is the one I was hoping for--the one that tells the story of what Skippy did to get fired from a previous job, and the adventures of Dr. Kevin White. But the same search terms on the folder in my hard drive where I keep all my stash of the old posts brings up 6 items. So I'm definitely going to keep this around for some time yet for the sake of completeness. Google's index is good, but it has some fucked up priorities.

Later, when I tried to click on the first post in blogsearch, it told me "blog not found", so they have some bugs in blogsearch. The URL that came up for that post was not the right one, which I found by looking back through my own archives here. So there definitely is still a need for this site.

No comments: