Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The latest

Since I put up a sitemeter, I discovered that this site has 3 readers, me, someone in Toronto who is almost certainly our dark master himself, and someone in Germany. Who are you someone in Germany? Anyway, when I started this, I had this "if you build it they will come" kind of vision, where all the other skippystalin fans across the continents came out of the woodwork and sent in their lists of favorite old classics, and we all bonded together over that. This hasn't happened.

On the other hand, non-imaginary people are a pain in the ass and I really don't know what to do with them when they come around anyway. And I discovered how to browse the entire archive, so I really don't need real human contact now anyway. So I'm not going to be keeping up the current month archive unless someone specifically asks me to. What I will be doing is keeping my lists of favorite posts by categories. I'm generally pretty fucked-up when I do this, and that seems to be the best approach.

So there will be more updates, but this site will no longer serve as an archive for the current month, only for the more than 2 months in the past.

I've been reading Skippy's archive from the beginning and I'm now in December of 03 and I've found some new Stones posts. And, amazingly, the links in some of them still work and point to interviews with the Human Riff. So check out The Stones page and see the new linky goodness.

No comments: